Friday 3 February 2017

JANUARY FAVOURITES.

MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS FROM THE PAST MONTH.

Hi hope you're all well. Today I'm showing you my favourites from the past month!

  • LOVING TAN: DELUXE FAKE TAN MITT. 


My first favourite of this month is this fake tan mitt by Loving Tan. I can't really remember when or how I got this fake tan mitt but I've had it for a while and just forgot I had it. It is incredible. I used to use really cheap fake tan mitts which were about £2 and never applied the product in a nice way (I don't know why I'm surprised). This one is a velour thick mitt which applies the product seamlessly and smoothly. The tan I currently use is the Bondi Sands Dark Mousse which I really like. I can't remember how I came to try this mitt and not Loving Tan fake tan, it's just difficult to get in the UK. I'd whole heartedly recommend this fake tan mitt, and because of the quality it will last a lot longer than other, more flimsy, mitts.

[Loving Tan Deluxe Tanning Mitt- £13.99, LovingTan.com]

  • TOO FACED: BETTER THAN SEX MASCARA. 


I never find mascaras particularly impressive, as I've said before, so when I heard that the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara was the best thing ever I was reluctant to spent £19 on it. That being said I'm so impressed with this mascara. The wand is big but not too big so that it smudges all over my eyes if I'm careful. It lengthens and separates my lashes really nicely too. Don't get me wrong I do still prefer to use false lashes as well just because my natural lashes are nothing special but this still makes my natural lashes as good as they can be.

[Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara- £19, Boots UK]

  • FARSALI: ROSE GOLD ELIXIR. 


This beauty oil is all over YouTube and influencers' instagrams. I got this oil around 2 months go but with items such as these, skin care etc, I like to give things a fair amount of use before I pass judgement on them. I love this oil. Recently my skin has been all over, going from very oily to very dry, especially on my cheeks. I use this oil at night and also put a few drops on my beauty blender when I'm blending out foundation, it works especially well with matte foundations if I don't want them to be so matte or my skin is feeling dry. Additionally, it's amazing for adding to cream contour kits which I haven't been able to use previously because I've found them to be too dry and drag on my skin (I'll talk more about this for my next product). This product is fantastic, smells amazing, and it's one of those skincare products where I can genuinely feel a difference. This oil, as a lot of beauty oils are, is expensive but as you only use a few drops at a time it lasts for a long time. I got mine from the official Farsali website but literally the day I'm writing this it's become available on Beauty Bay which is very convenient. 

[Farsali Rose Gold Elixir- £49, Beauty Bay] 

  • ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS: CREAM CONTOUR KIT. 


So I haven't really been a big fan of cream contouring in general. Every cream contour kit I've had has been difficult to blend out, probably because of the dryness of my skin. I've had this contour kit for over a year now and barely used it, but I've literally fallen in love with it after discovering the Farsali Rose Gold Elixir. Adding a few drops of the beauty oil makes these creams extremely bendable and more natural-looking than powders. This palette is in the shade light and has a great selection of colours for highlighting and contouring for pale skin. This palette is quite expensive, I haven't tried any more affordable cream contour kits but now that I like cream contouring I'll definitely be trying more out. 

[Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit Light- £39, Beauty Bay] 

  • L.A. GIRL: PRO COVERAGE FOUNDATION. 


I feel like recently I've found a lot of affordable foundations that I've really liked, and this is no different. This is the L.A. Girl Pro Coverage foundation and I really like it. I thought I might like this foundation as their concealer is one of my favourite products. I love this foundation. It's a very dewy finish and until set with powder stays very very wet, although this is fine if you set it properly. The coverage is fantastic, I love the finish and best of all it's only £11. This is the shade 02 Natural which is too dark for me (SHOCK) and they only have one shade lighter than this one which I've just purchased to try. I'd recommend this foundation if you like full coverage and have normal/dry skin. If your skin is really oily it may be a bit too dewy for your liking.

[L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Foundation- £11, Beauty Bay] 

  • HOUSE OF LASHES: MINI WISPIES. 


My final favourite product of this month was these House of Lashes falsies in 'Mini Wispies'. I'm die hard for my Ardell Demi Wispies as I find they're one of the only pairs of lashes that suit my small eyes size and shape. That being said, I found this range of 'mini' lashes by House of Lashes which are in their normal styles but are smaller and have smaller lash bands. These are lovely, they fit really well and don't swamp my eyes. I get all my lashes from falseeyelashes.co.uk for a really reasonable price. Definitely check these out if you're like me and have smaller eyes that you struggle to find lashes for!

What products have you been liking this past month?

thanks for reading,

CATRIONA

x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catriona Yasmin Bathan. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.