Monday 7 November 2016

OCTOBER FAVOURITES.

MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS FROM THE PAST MONTH. 


  • COTY AIRSPUN: LOOSE FACE POWDER [TRANSLUCENT]


I'd never heard of this brand before I saw certain gurus talking about it on YouTube when I decided to try it. Translucent powder is always quite a handy thing to have, especially if you're like me and you can quite often be between different foundation shades. This powder is cheap and great quality, lots of people often compare it to the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, I haven't tried that one so I can't comment on that but for the price difference, I'm very happy with this one. I usually use a pressed powder which adds coverage and then I use this to bake my nose and forehead- they're the two areas of my face which doesn't hold makeup very well, especially my nose. I'm not sure of any retailer which sells this product however I get mine from Amazon. 
[Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder- £8, Amazon UK]

  • EX1: INVISIWEAR FOUNDATION [SHADE: 4.0]


Again, this product has come straight from YouTube. A lot of beauty gurus rave about this product although I'd never seen it sold anywhere. I was expecting this brand to come with a hefty price tag but to my delight it is only £12.50, only slightly more expensive than 'drugstore' products. EX1 is a brand geared towards those with olive/yellow skin tones as pretty much all of their skin products have yellow undertones, which is fine for me as that's what I like, if you're looking for something more neutral/pink, this brand might not be for you. This foundation has great coverage, it blends out really well and is a good mid point between matte and dewy (depending on how you set it). I also really like the packaging, it has a pump and also has the type of mechanism which pushes the product up from the bottom which means you end up using all of the product and don't end up with loads of foundation in the bottom which you can't get to. I'm really impressed with this foundation, it's quickly becoming one of my favourites, the only criticism is that I can only really wear this shade when I'm tanned so I'd love it if they could come out with a paler shade.
[EX1 Cosmetics Invisiwear Foundation- £12.50, www.lookfantastic.com UK] 

  • KIEHL'S: ULTRA FACIAL CREAM.


I don't claim to be majorly into skincare or skincare products but when I find a product which actually agrees with my skin and makes a difference, I stick with it. I have combination skin which can go from being super dry to super oily throughout the day. As the weather has gotten colder it's tended to be on the drier side so I had a look for a more intensive moisturiser. I really like this product, it sinks into the skin very quickly and doesn't feel oily or slimy once it's been applied. That being said, I only use this moisturiser at night, not under makeup as it's quite thick, and I prefer something thinner and lighter so it doesn't move my makeup around. Additionally, a little goes a long way with this product and I think its a very reasonable price for the quantity and quality you receive. Kiehl's is a brand renowned for their excellent skincare products and I've definitely been impressed with my first ever product from them, I'll definitely be investing in more.
[Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream 50ml- £24, Debenhams UK] 

  • KEVYN AUCOIN: THE SENSUAL SKIN ENHANCER [SX01]


I've had this product for a while, but up until the past month haven't really found a proper use for it. This concealer is the most intense I've used in terms of coverage and pigment, although, as you can probably tell from the picture it is VERY thick. For me, it's too thick to use under my eyes, as my under eye skin can tend to be on the dry side. I also don't really tend to spot conceal either as I can generally find my desired coverage from foundation and powder. I like to use this concealer to clean up under my brows and also as a eye primer. Once it's set with a white it makes the colour of eyeshadows a lot more vibrant and gets rid of any discolouration of the eyelid. While this product is expensive it will last forever, it's so pigmented that you only need a drop each time you use it.
[Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer- £38, Beauty Bay UK]

  • MORPHE: NATURAL BEAUTY PALETTE [12NB] 


I've reached for this palette most days this month, it's fantastic. Unlike my other Morphe palettes which are enormous, this is great so that I can carry it around if I'm not getting ready at home or touching up my makeup. It's got everything you need to create a range of different looks, and for my personal preference I could wear a warm smoky eye everyday. I got my palette from Beauty Bay, although I don't think it's available anymore, it might just be sold out. 
[Morphe 12NB Palette- £12.95, Beauty Bay UK] 

thanks for reading,

CATRIONA 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catriona Yasmin Bathan. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.