Monday 3 October 2016

SEPTEMBER FAVOURITES.


MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS OVER THE PAST MONTH.




Firstly before I get into my favourite beauty products of the month I've got to mention my new logo! This was made for me by my friend Tyler and I absolutely love it, definitely a favourite from the month!

  • JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS: VELOUR LIQUID LIPSTICK [CELEBRITY SKIN]


I know you're probably sick of hearing about Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks but they are genuinely my favourite brand. I've been slowly building my collection of this brand and picking up new ones as they become available. One of the latest additions is 'Celebrity Skin' which is a warm, darkish nude. It goes with basically any makeup look, it's long lasting and suits a range of skin tones. I've been wearing it pretty much non-stop over the past month and it's become my favourite go-to shade to wear. 
[Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick- $18, www.jeffreestarcosmetics.com] 

  • BOBBI BROWN: VITAMIN ENRICHED FACE BASE 


Bobbi Brown isn't a brand which I've had much to do with but I'd heard so many good reviews about this product I decided I needed to try it out. This is a moisturiser and face primer designed to be used before make up. I've been using this product for about 6 weeks now which I think is important to decide whether skin care products actually work and make a difference. I absolutely love this product, it smells fresh and citrusy and feels really soft on the skin. Most importantly it makes a genuine difference when it comes to the application of makeup- it creates an amazing, moisturised soft base for makeup. It doesn't do much for the actual longevity of makeup, for this I use Nivea Men After Shave Balm but the two products work amazingly together. As a high end skin care product this product is inevitably expensive (£40) however you don't need a lot of product and it's definitely worth the money. 
[Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base- £40, House of Fraser UK] 

  • MAYBELLINE: COLOSSAL VOLUME EXPRESS MASCARA [CAT EYES]


As I've said before I've never ever found a mascara I've been majorly overwhelmed with or that has blown me away. That being said I'm really really impressed with this mascara from Maybelline. It has a small, curved wand which is great for getting right into the roots of the lashes and builds them up. I usually use another mascara to add thickness but this one is the best I've used so far to separate and add length. 
[Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara Cat Eyes- £7.99, Boots UK]

  • MOROCCAN OIL: MOROCCAN OIL TREATMENT [LIGHT]


One thing I don't really know much about is hair. I'm quite lazy with my hair, I don't really style it most days and I don't get it cut as often as I should. I've recently gone very blonde on the bottom 3/4 of my hair and one thing I was worried about was it looks dry and unhealthy. I was recommended this to combat that and I absolutely love it. I put a few drops of this through the mid to ends of my hair when its wet and also once it's dry when I've styled it. It gets rid of fly aways and also is absorbed into the hair without making it look greasy. Additionally, it smells absolutely amazing and because you only need a few drops it lasts forever, especially if you don't wash your hair that often. 
[Moroccan Oil Treatment Light 25ml- £13.85] 

thanks for reading,

CATRIONA 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catriona Yasmin Bathan. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.