Tuesday 20 September 2016

HAUL: BEAUTY BAY.


BEAUTY BAY, BOOTS & LASHES.

Hi! Today I'm showing you some things I purchased from Beauty Bay- a website here in the UK which stocks lots of brands which can be difficult to get ahold of. I also bought a few bits from Boots and stocked up on lashes but I thought I'd just include them in this post anyway! 

  • MORPHE
The first things I bought were these Morphe palettes. The top one is the 35k (Colour Koffee palette) which is a lovely selection of warm browns with a mixture of matte and shimmers. The bottom left is the 12NB palette (Natural Beauty palette), again warm shades with a few shimmers in there. What really attracted me to this palette was the size- a lot of my palettes are quite big and not good for travelling or carrying about in a makeup bag, on a usual day I'll wear a warm smoky eye so I thought this would be ideal for using on the go. The final thing from Morphe was the 12P palette (Picasso palette). Again, this is for me to try and experiment a lot more with colour and this has the main primary colours all in one place so it's ideal. Morphe is a great brand, very very affordable with buttery, pigmented shadows. I'd recommend to everyone.
[MORPHE 35K PALETTE £19.50, MORPHE 12NB PALETTE £11.95, MORPHE 12P PALETTE £11.95]

  • MAKEUP GEEK

The next brand which I purchased was Makeup Geek, who, in my opinion, have some of the best eyeshadows available. They're pigmented, buttery, and very easy to blend. Additionally they have an amazing range of colours which they sell by the pan, so you can pick and choose exactly what colours you want. The colours I chose were: Chickadee (top left), Mango Tango (top middle), Poppy (top right), Cherry Cola (middle left), Mocha (middle right) & Dragonfly (bottom). They're all warm shades except for Dragonfly which I just really liked the colour of and I'm going to try and use in a more colourful look. Makeup Geek is a fantastic, affordable brand and I highly recommend them.
[MAKEUP GEEK SINGLE EYESHADOW PAN £5.95] 


  • MILANI

Milani is a brand which I haven't really had a lot to do with except for my love of their cult baked blush 'Luminoso'. They're a very affordable brand with a large range of products so I thought I'd pick a few things up to try. The first is a beautiful baked bronzer and as I liked my Makeup Revolution baked bronzer so much I thought I'd give this a go. The shade is 'Soleil' and as far as I'm aware is the only one on the Beauty Bay website- I'll definitely try this out and report back.
[MILANI BAKED BRONZER £8] 

I also picked up 3 of their matte liquid lipsticks- I've seen a lot of good things about Milani's lip products from various beauty gurus so I thought I may as well give them a go. The shades I bought are 10- Adorable (left), 19- Covet (middle) & 20- Sugar (right). I haven't tried them properly yet, I've only swatched them but from my first impressions of that they look amazing. I'll try them properly and report back!
[MILANI MATTE LIP CREAM £8]

  • BEAUTY BLENDER 

I also invested in another Beauty Blender. I've already got a pink and a black one so I thought I may as well get the nude one as well. I use and wash my Beauty Blender every day so they do tend to get quite worn out quite quickly. I read somewhere the other day that you're supposed to replace your makeup sponges around every 3 months, which I definitely do not, so I thought it was about time to get a new one. 
[BEAUTY BLENDER NUDE SPONGE £16] 

  • Z PALETTE

I also picked up this cute mini Z Palette. I've got a couple of highlight and contour pans which don't really belong in my large eyeshadow Z Palette so I thought I'd get this for them to live in. Additionally, I thought it would be ideal if I wanted to travel with a few single eyeshadows, I could just pop them in here rather than carrying round a full sized Z Palette. 
[Z PALETTE SMALL HOT PINK £8.95]

  • L.A. GIRL

I was running low on one of my favourite concealers so I thought I'd also stock up. The top 3 shades are Porcelain, the one I usually use and the lightest shade they do, but I also bought the shade Light Ivory for when I've got a few layers of fake tan on, or to spot conceal on my face. This is a very good, affordable concealer so if you're not looking to splash out give it a go.
[L.A. PRO CONCEAL HIGH DEFININITION CONCEALER £5]

  • ZOEVA 

I also got this brush holder from ZOEVA. Zoeva is one of my favourite brands for brushes, they're not too expensive and they're great quality. I picked up this brush holder with the intention of putting my brushes in it (obviously), but I've actually decided to use it to hold all my liquid lipsticks. It's made from quite thick plastic and feels sturdy and fits a decent amount of products in. I'm really glad I bought this!
[ZOEVA CLASSIC BRUSH HOLDER £10.50]

  • VIOLET VOSS

I also find it difficult to believe that before buying these I did not own ANY glitter. I had glittery eyeshadows or shimmers etc but no loose glitter. I thought I'd pick up two pots of loose glitter from Violet Voss to try. The first shade is a golden colour called Golden Fairy and the second is a bright purple called Paige. I think they'll be great for adding a bit more drama to a look and especially at the moment, glitter is really on trend (although there's literally no way I'll be putting it anywhere near my hair because I'd never be able to get it out). 
[VIOLET VOSS GLITTER POT £8] 

  • NYX 

All these NYX products I bought from Boots, which is pretty much the only place you can get NYX products easily in the UK. The first thing I bought was the All Over Balm (Coconut Oil), it's not made very clear on the packaging exactly what this product is for but I'm just going to use it wherever my skin feels extra dry. The fact that it contains coconut oil means that it'll make a really good moisturiser wherever you choose to use it. 
[NYX ALL OVER BALM COCONUT OIL £5.50]

The second thing I bought were 2 of the Blotting Powders, in Light & Light Medium.  They're marketed as setting powders which don't have too much pigment therefore aren't adding too much coverage to the face. These will be good for more natural makeup looks or for touching up during the day, I'm going to try the light one to set under my eyes as well. 
[NYX BLOTTING POWDER £10.50]

Finally I bought some refills for my favourite NYX Contour Kit, these are a light slightly pinkier shade called Soft Light. They're very affordable so whenever I see them I just grab a few. 
[NYX HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR REFILL PANS £3.25] 


  • LASHES 

Finally, I stocked up on some of my favourite lashes. Ardell Demi Wispies are sold quite commonly in the UK for around £6 per pair, including on Beauty Bay and in Boots, however you can get these 4 packs on Amazon for just under £8 each! I also thought I'd try the full Wispies which are a bit bigger (they could prove a bit too big for my eyes) and I picked up a few different brands, Eyelure, Morphe and Red Cherry- all very affordable. 


thanks for reading,

CATRIONA

x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catriona Yasmin Bathan. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.