Friday 2 September 2016

AUGUST FAVOURITES.

MY FAVOURITE PRODUCTS OVER THE PAST MONTH. 




Here's my second instalment of my monthly favourites. These are products I've been really enjoying throughout the month of August. 

  • MAKEUP REVOLUTION: BAKED BRONZER [GOLDEN DAYS] 

                                    

I have to admit that I've been stuck in a bit of a bronzer rut this year and I generally don't branch out or feel the need to branch out. I've been in love with the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer for about 3 years and a lot of the time when I have tried new bronzers I've found them a bit too warm for me. However, I decided to pick this up as I've heard good things about Makeup Revolution in general and for only £4 I thought it wouldn't be a disaster if I didn't like it. 

Obviously it's inclusion in my favourites post means that I really like it, and the fact that it's so affordable makes it even better. It's pigmented but not so much so that it leaves streaks all over your face, and it blends out amazingly. Additionally, the fact that it's baked means that it's not matte, it's glowy and replicates a real tan and the way skin would actually look if it was sun-kissed (something which mine never is). From what I can gather from the website, this is the second darkest of 4 shades and I'll definitely be picking those up for when I'm slightly more or less tanned. Overall I'm really impressed with this product and the price is an added bonus, it's definitely made me want to invest in more Makeup Revolution products. 
[Makeup Revolution Baked Bronzer- £4, SUPERDRUG] 

  • TARTE: COLOURED CLAY TINTED BROW GEL [RICH BROWN]


As with bronzers, I've had a very set brow routine for the best part of a year now (ABH Dipbrow & L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper) but this little brow gel caught my eye when I was placing an order on Sephora. I've never really owned anything from Tarte, although I think that's mainly because they're not readily available in the UK and until a few months ago I'd never bought anything from Sephora. I love this product because of it's tiny little applicator. It's so small and precise so I use it to brush the hairs at the front of my brows upwards. They've got a great selection of colours and this one [Rich Brown] suits me perfectly. I've already got a list as long as my arm of Tarte products that I want to buy, but they'll have to wait until I do a big Sephora shop! 
[Tarte Coloured Clay Tinted Brow Gel- $21, SEPHORA]

  • VIOLET VOSS: HOLY GRAIL EYESHADOW PALETTE 

                                      

Does this product really need an introduction? Anyone who likes makeup and likes warm eyeshadows will already know about this palette. It's taken me a while to get my hands on and I am aware it's very difficult to get ahold of, but, if you get the opportunity, you should definitely take it. I got mine from Beauty Bay about 3 seconds after I got an email from them saying it had been restocked. It was £34.50 but to be honest it could've been a lot more than that and I still would've bought it. The shades are amazing, they're pigmented, buttery and there's a nice range of mattes and shimmers. It's basically all you could ever need and for under £2 per pan I think it's great value as well. 
[Violet Voss Holy Grail Eyeshadow Palette- £34.50, BEAUTY BAY]

  • SOAP & GLORY: SMOOTHIE STAR BREAKFAST SCRUB

                                    

Something not makeup you say? (Yes I'm aware I'm talking to myself) but yes, not makeup! I've had to include this because I've just been in love with it this month. I'm also aware there's no actual product in this photo but I haven't had the chance to repurchase just yet. This smells amazing, it's a mixture of oats, maple, banana and almond. It's a coarse sugary scrub which is the best for exfoliating. I exfoliate my skin about 2-3 times per week and go extra hard the day or day before I fake tan. I'd also really recommend this for getting those stubborn bits of fake tan off before you want to reapply. 

I've always liked Soap & Glory products but this product has really impressed me, I've got another scrub to try and I'll let you know how I feel about that one but I will definitely be buying this one again. 
[Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub- £8, BOOTS]



thanks for reading, 

CATRIONA

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catriona Yasmin Bathan. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.