Wednesday 24 August 2016

HAUL: AFFORDABLE MAKEUP.


NYX & MAYBELLINE.


Hi!
Today I'm showing you a few products which I recently purchased. All of this is 'drugstore' makeup (affordable brands) which I purchased from Boots here in the UK. Most of this is from the brand NYX which is a relatively new brand in the UK, but it's quickly become one of my favourites- it's very cheap and great quality. 

  • FOUNDATION


 

The first thing I bought was a restock of one of my favourite foundations (featured in my July favourites post) the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless foundation. I also bought a darker shade in what I can only assume is the same foundation but I don't really know why the packaging is different. The shade I use when I'm pale is 105 Natural Ivory and the darker shade I bought to try is 128 Warm Nude. I'll report back on whether I like that shade but it seems to have a strong yellow undertone which is good for me. 
[MAYBELLINE FIT ME! MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION £5.99] 

  • POWDER



Staying on the Maybelline track I also bought the face powder from the same range as the previous foundations. I've heard good things about this whole range so thought I may as well pick this up at the same time. I got a shade which is between my light and dark shades although it's a lot easier to make powders which are the wrong shade work than a foundation which isn't the right shade. 
[MAYBELLINE FIT ME! SET + SMOOTH FACE POWDER £5.99]




I also picked up some refills for my NYX Contour Kit. I meant to get 2 of the banana shades [Cream] and 2 of the lighter more pink shade [Soft Light] but for some reason I ended up buying 4 of the banana shade colour (welcome to my life). Oh well, at least I won't need to restock those any time soon!
[NYX HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR PRO SINGLES £3.25]

  • EYELINER



In an attempt to push my boundaries slightly and be a bit more creative I also bought 4 NYX eyeliners, 3 of which are from their Vivid Brights collection (I already have the green one). In addition I bought the white version of my favourite eyeliner to try and be slightly different. I'm going to try and experiment a bit more with colour and hopefully looks incorporating these new products will be coming soon. 
[NYX VIVID BRIGHTS LIQUID LINER £5.50, NYX WHITE LIQUID LINER £5.50]

  • LIQUID LIPSTICK 



I also jumped on the bandwagon and got some of the NYX Lingerie line. The only problem is I can't seem to see the names of the shades that I bought. The top shade is 03, the middle 12 and the bottom 10. I'm really happy with the shades I've chosen and I'll report back on the formula. I'm not sure what finish they're meant to achieve, whether they dry down matte or are a satin finish but I'll try them out and let you all know! 
[NYX LIP LINGERIE LIPSTICK £6.50]

thanks for reading,

CATRIONA








No comments:

Post a Comment

Catriona Yasmin Bathan. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.